Date Completed

December 2016

Amount Donated


The Story


Incorporated in 1865, the Village Oil Springs is well known for its history as being the first location for commercial oil well sites in North America. With a strong heritage and dedication to its residents, the village’s mission is to provide its residents with the best available resources and tools to help keep the lines of communication and physical activity open within their municipal facilities.  In an effort to improve the accessibility in its community hall, the village needed to upgrade is stairs and entrance way. The challenge is the community hall is designated as a heritage building and required special engineering to preserve the classic aesthetics while providing appropriate accessibility for its residents with mobility challenges.


With the help of our foundation’s donation of $10,000 and financial support from Ontario’s Community Infrastructure Program, the Village of Oil Springs was able to preserve the facade of the community hall while providing access to everyone in the community.


Project Status

The project is complete.



Oil Springs, ON


4596 Oil Springs Line, Oil Springs, ON N0N 1P0