Established in 1980, Gallery in the Grove is a volunteer-run registered charitable organization that fosters awareness, appreciation, and pride in the artistic achievements of both emerging and established visual artists in our area and throughout Canada. Their facility was built in 1875 and saw many changes and transformations over the years. By 1978, it was badly in need of repairs when it passed into the hands of Sarnia Township. It was restored to its present condition and started a new life as the Bright’s Grove library and Gallery in the Grove which it remains as, to this day. Over time, the exhibition lighting needed to be replaced as it was becoming too costly to maintain the old, inefficient light system.